Monday, June 08, 2009

Let it begin

This week I begin training in earnest for the Chicago Marathon, my fourth (Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach and New York City were my previous).

I'm running it for Team World Vision, to make a difference in the lives of some of the most vulnerable children on the planet. I'll be challenged and my heart will grow.

Here's what I've found about undertakings like this: Your life--that is, the hundred little things you do every day that make up your life--can have tremendous significance or it can fade into irrelevance. Those hundred little things can all be pointed toward a greater mission, a bigger cause or they can be pointed toward nothing and everything--dissipating their effort into oblivion. So running can be a means to an end--toward seeing God's mission of redemption happen. That's why I'm running.

Donate here. All proceeds go to World Vision. Kyle is running too. You can donate via his page here. I run. You donate. Children win.


get fit + help children in poverty from World Vision on Vimeo.


Some pics from my run of the 2007 NYC marathon for Team World Vision.

Katie Holmes ran that year.(I passed her somewhere around mile 13, unbeknownst to me).


Post race with the medal to prove that I made it.

Pre-race shot of everyone waiting around for the race to start.
Took a camera with me on the run. This is one of the water stops. It wasn't raining that day.

No comments: