Monday, September 15, 2008

What I Want to Leave Behind


I read this report from a Church Leader about renewing a pioneering spirit and the legacy he wants to leave.
I say, me too.

BlockquoteI do not need to see the end of the reward. The reward is in the journey. Of my leadership, what shall be written? ... perhaps heaven's scribe would be kind enough to write: "He, in the tradition of Wesley, created a restlessness . . . a searching, striving frustration for a better way; a way to make the good news of Jesus Christ come alive to a complex culture, and he helped to open the doors of the church to succeeding generations."

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Here's my prayer: "So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim Your might to another generation, Your power to all those to come." (Psalm 71:18)