Saturday, March 01, 2008

Meanderings

I'm trying out a sort of new category of blogging. I often want to blog on a certain idea, thought or experience but then don't because I know it will end up being way to long. So I'm taking Scot McKnight's lead and posting some on some meandering thoughts and places I've been.
  • Take Scot McKnight's Hermenuetic's Quiz and see what you think about the Bible. I scored a 74, which isn't surprising to me at all.
  • Read this interview with Tim Keller, uber-pastor in New York City. I really like what they do and the way he thinks about things. His first book, A Reason for God, is #18 on the New York Times list. See this article in Newsweek about him, his church and the book.
  • From the interview when asked about being a megachurch:
    "...We actually pound into people that we’re not here to meet your needs but
    to serve the city. So we pound that into them, that we’re not a consumer place, that we’re not here to meet your needs but to serve the city."
  • This is coming up in a few weeks, and I couldn't be more thrilled that we're undertaking it as a church! Plus I get to spend a few days with my college roomie as a result.

No comments: