“God opposes the proud, but favors the humble." So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.
As you are thinking about your life in this season of Lent, I would encourage you to ask yourself, "Do I have the characteristic of humility or do I struggle with pride?" Here are 8 questions to ask yourself when it comes to being prideful:
1. Are you teachable?
2. How do you respond to correction and rebuke?
3. Are you considerate of other people?
4. Do you admit when you are wrong or make mistakes?
5. Do you serve and receive service well?
6. Are you consistently aware of God's grace in your life and the people around you?
7. Do you disagree in an agreeable way?
8. How much attention and affirmation do you require?
May we all understand that we are people of pride and that we must pursue humility by the grace of God.