Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Meanderings

Herb Peterson, inventor of the Egg McMuffin died last week at the age of 89. His motivation for creating it? Eggs Benedict. Don't know about you, but I don't exactly see (or taste) the link. I do love me some Egg McMuffin though, in spite of the fact I feel slightly nauseous after eating there.

Google--a company who has "don't be evil" as one of their core values, is living up that by providing free voicemail for the homeless. San Francisco is their pilot city. If it catches on, they'll expand it around the country. Article here.

This is Virginia in the Spring. It's really an amazing experience to see. The trees are barren now, and then almost overnight they blossom into a carpet of green. It reminds me of the Old Testament prophet Isaiah who talked about the wilderness blooming as a sign that God hadn't forgotten them. I'll post the blossomed pic in a few weeks after the "show."

No comments: