Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Son, the....

Mommy and Corban are out of town for the weekend visiting extended fam, so that leaves Hudson and I to bach it for a few days. And with our heat on the fritz, that means we're spending some time in places with heat, like CiCi's Pizza, the East Coast's answer to cheap pizza (tomorrow on my day off it's the Children's Museum of Richmond and visit to a friend at Richmond Hill).

While we were enjoying our freshly unfrozen fare, Hudson looked up and noticed what you see in the picture below. *Gasp*, one of the cones had fallen over. So Hudson says to me "Daddy! I can't leave it like that! I can't leave it like that!" Never mind that he didn't create it that way, he just couldn't leave it that way, so he went and rectified the unacceptable situation.

I'm not exactly sure what that means for the future, but I certainly love watching the person my son is becoming. It's like watching a beautiful sculpture being created. Now if I could just get him to feel that way about his toys...

2 comments:

Doug Paul said...

That's a really beautiful story.

If only we all took that kind of responsibility in the things we felt were "unacceptable" in this world.

I wonder what people would think of us then,

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he made you proud... again! What a sweet boy...

Hope you both had fun at the Children's Museum. We were just there on Monday for Sandy's day off. It's such a fun place for families!