Friday, August 08, 2008

Once Every Four Years...


I am big fan of the Olympics (picture from the opening ceremonies above). Something about them stirs a place deep inside me every time i watch. My wife and I sit and watch the beyond-belief performances of the athletes and routinely turn to each other with tears in our eyes. It's almost unexplainable where the emotion comes from. It mostly certainly comes from at least the experience of beauty and unity that is the Olympic Games.

These "Go World" Visa Commercials narrated by Morgan Freeman capture some of the spirit of the Olympics (I couldn't find the one that had Morgan Freeman intoning "we cheer for them because they are human...and so are we. And when they succeed, we succeed.")










Some of the 14 member olympic delegation from Malawi, the country of my birth.

No comments: